New Patients Receive 15% OFF Second Pair of Complete Glasses!
Amazing Facts About the Human Eye
posted: Jan. 25, 2023.
Our eyes are remarkable organs. They allow us to take in the world around us and experience it in all its beauty, color, and detail. But did you know that the human eye is capable of some pretty incredible things? In this blog post, we'll be exploring five amazing facts about the human eye that you might not have heard before!
1. A Common Ancestor: If your eyes are blue, then you share a common ancestor with every other blue-eyed individual in the world! Early humans all had brown eyes, until someone developed a genetic mutation that made their eyes blue. This mutation spread through subsequent generations, meaning that if you have blue eyes today, you can trace them back to a single ancestor who lived thousands of years ago!
2. Brainpower: Eyes use about 65 percent of our brainpower—more than any other part of the body. This is proof that our eyes are one of the most complex organs we have!
3. Red Eye: That pesky red eye effect seen in photos occurs when light from a camera flash bounces off the back of the eye. The choroid layer at the back of our eye is rich in blood vessels; light reflecting off of it makes our eyes appear red!
4. Newborns Don't Produce Tears: Babies may make crying sounds, but actual tears don’t start flowing until they are between four and thirteen weeks old. This is because newborns don’t produce enough chemicals to make tears yet – so don’t feel too guilty if your little one is wailing away without shedding a tear!
5. Muscles: The muscles that control our eyes are among some of the most active muscles in our bodies; they move more than 100,000 times per day! It’s no wonder our eyes sometimes feel tired after long days spent staring at screens or working hard on projects!
Our eyes truly are remarkable organs that enable us to experience life as we know it today – allowing us to see colors and details that were otherwise hidden from sight before now. We hope this blog post has given you an insight into some amazing facts about the human eye you may not have known before – enjoy learning more about this incredible organ! For website owners and SEO newbies alike, understanding these facts can help inform decisions regarding content creation and optimization for search engine visibility online – so be sure to keep them in mind when creating your next piece of content!